What are we?
- We are “The Monoists”
- Currently a group of almost twenty club members of varying experience who share an interest in black and white and monochrome images, including infra-red. There are usually between eight to twelve members at each meeting. It is easy to dip in and out.
- Interests vary from knowledge of authors, paper types, inks and processes to members who just like taking and making black and white images.
- No special skills required.
Where do we meet?
We meet at the OLC every four to six weeks or so, usually on a Tuesday evening and we have a cover charge of £5 for room hire costs.
What do we do?
We structure our meetings around the following subjects:
- Show and tell: Books, prints, exhibitions etc
- Technical corner: Hints and tips
- Explorations: A member presents on a photographer of their choice e.g. Saul Leiter, Helmut Newton etc.
- Show case: We have a Flickr site on which we share and critique our images.
- “Monoist Edit Fun”: We choose an image for us each to “process”.
- Current project: “On the street”.
- We seem to laugh quite a bit too.
What don’t we do?
- We don’t get too technical. We try to simplify everything.
- We don’t restrict ourselves to any particular genre.
- We don’t make anything compulsory.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Are you interested?
- Welcome to come along.
- If you have any questions or want to find out more, please contact the SIG’s organiser.