These guidelines are under review and will be updated if circumstances change
Before you attend:
- We expect all members attending to have been double-vaccinated.
- Do not attend if you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days and have not had a subsequent negative test.
- Do not attend if you or members of your household have displayed Covid-like symptoms within 48 hours of the meeting. Do not attend if you or members of your household have been “pinged” by track and trace systems.
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell in any way.
- The OLC require everyone to wear face masks while in public areas.
- The Club expects that everyone in the hall will wear a face mask except while speaking in an official capacity.
- All windows and doors will be kept open to aid ventilation however the curtains will be closed if there is excessive light preventing a good image being displayed on the screen. Wear suitable clothing so that you can remain warm enough as the temperature drops.
Please do not attend if any of the above points are a problem for you.
While at the OLC:
- As the rear doors are no longer available for us to use, enter the building using the main front entrance.
- The OLC staff sanitise all the surfaces before each meeting, but it makes sense to touch as little as possible in the hall or building.
- The chairs will be set out with a wider spacing (≥ 1 metre) than in the past. Please do not move them closer together unless you form a group living in one household. The chairs will be set back (≥ 2m) from the speaker/judge.
- Use the sanitisers to clean your hands as you enter and leave the hall. There is one by the rear exit and another on the table as you enter or leave the hall.
- Tea and coffee will be available using an electrically heated urn in the main hall. Stephanie will dispense them. You should touch only your cup and your biscuit. They will be free for these four meetings in the Autumn so there is no need to worry about cash. Please be patient and form an orderly queue in line with my instructions on the night. Tea breaks will be longer than usual.
- Note that the equipment may be set up differently from normal to enable Zooming out.
- Please respect social distancing including in the corridors and when queuing for the.
Please recognise that all of us are ‘in different places’ dealing with the effects of the pandemic, so please be tolerant of and respect those taking greater precautions than you and vice versa.
If the meeting has to be transferred to ZOOM at short notice then our Chairman will send a special Parish Note message, so keep an eye open for emails if you intend to attend meetings at the OLC.
We shall be informing visiting judges and speakers what our facilities at the OLC are like and how we are managing meetings. We shall be telling them to expect that members will be complying with these guidelines so please make sure that everyone complies. We will also be expecting them to comply as well.
Until further notice, all activities that involve unnecessary potential contact will be on hold. These include self-sign in, sign-up for Club activities, magazine sales, raffles and presentation of awards and certificates.
Published 3rd September 2021